The third millennium has not long begun, yet we are almost a quarter through its first century. But it will leave us a generation of young talent who live and breathe sport, culture and music like one big blended, eclectic painting.
True athletes, sensitive, open-minded kids who consider themselves one big global community. The world is shrinking as horizons and opportunities open up in front of their eyes. Giorgia’s story is an almost perfect example.
She was born and bred in Ancona, where legend has it that the city was founded by the Greek hero Diomedes. To pay off his debts to the local people, he taught them the secrets of the sea and the winds.
It was here that Giorgia, perhaps mindful of her city’s origins, began to windsurf at just nine years old. 12 months later she was already the Italian champion of her category. Since then, she has had to put up new shelves each season to hold all the awards and prizes she continues to win, as she surfs in harmony with the waves, her board, and the elements.
Then came European, national, and world prizes: her track record is already enough to earn her a front page, or at least worthy of a story to tell the grandkids in front of a crackling fire. And yet she has just begun.
A smart, easy going girl, with a head full of ideas, her suitcase is always ready and waiting for her at the end of her bed. So much so that she is known in the community as “the special one”, a nickname worth ten victories alone, demonstrating how highly regarded she is among those in the know.
Giorgia’s thirst for victory and wind has only just begun to be nurtured and fed. The cherry on the cake of her many young achievements was winning a gold medal at the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires in 2018, a prelude to the most important Olympic event of all.
Tokyo, then Paris, and after that – why not? – Los Angeles. At 20 the future is like that never-ending story that came back a few years ago: a never-ending story.
YOUTH OLYMPIC GAMES
- Gold medal Buenos Aires 2018
- 6° place 2019 – RS:X – Torbole, Italia 2019
- 11° place – RS:X – Sorrento, Australia
- Silver medal – Follonica 2020
- Italian Champion – Campione sul Garda 2019
- 4° place – Ostia 2017
- Bronze medal – Formia 2016
7 GOLD MEDALS JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- 2020 – RS:X, Under 21 – Sorrento, Australia
- 2018 – RS:X, Under 19 – Penmarch, Francia
- 2018 – Techno plus, Under 19 – Liepaja, Lettonia
- 2017 – Techno plus, Under 19 – Quiberon, Francia
- 2016 – Techno, Under 17 – Torbole, Italia
- 2014 – Techno, Under 15 – Brest, Francia
- 2013 – Techno, Under 15 – Sopot, Polonia
7 SILVER MEDALS JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- 2019 – RS:X, Under 21 – Torbole, Italia
- 2017 – RS:X, Under 19 – Sanya, Cina
- 2015 – Techno, Under 17 – Cagliari, Italia
- 2012 – Techno, Under 15 – Medemblik, Olanda
1 BRONZE MEDAL JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- 2018 – RS:X, Under 19 – Corpus Christi, Texas (USA)
7 GOLD MEDALS JUNIOR EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP
- 2018 – Techno plus, Under 19 – Mondello, Italia
- 2018 – RS:X, Under 19 – Sopot, Polonia
- 2016 – RS:X, Under 17 – Helsinki, Finlandia
- 2016 – Techno, Under 17 – Sopot, Polonia
- 2016 – RS:X, Under 19 – Neusiedlam see, Austria
- 2015 – Techno, Under 17 – Liepaja, Lettonia
- 2014 – Techno, Under 15 – Torbole, Italia
12 VICTORIES JUNIOR ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP
- Italian Champion in different categories from 2010 to 2018
22 ITALIAN CUPS
- Italian Cup Champion from 2010 to 2018
- Alfiere Della Repubblica nel 2016
- Record di vittorie mondiali giovanili
- Nel 2017 ha stabilito il record di medaglie mondiali giovanili vinte
- Unica atleta al mondo ad essere andata a podio ad ogni Mondiale a cui ha partecipato
- Velista dell’anno 2016
- Sportivo dell’anno U.S.S.I Marche
- Premio dalla stampa nel 2013 / 2014 / 2016 / 2017
Composed by Giovanni Bruno
MARE FORZA 9
Sea and wind.
The hurricane that is Giorgia contains the strength of the wind and water. It can be wild, overwhelming, but also fresh and light. And so are the notes in her ears, which range from Martin Garrix’s electronic sounds to the music of singer-songwriter Alex Britti and Bruno Mars’ pop. Unstoppable and fully charged, she is always on the lookout for new inspiration, never giving up. Ambition flows through the playlist, both in the lyrics and the music itself.
I VIDEO DI
I VIDEO DI FEDERICA
IL BLOG DI
IL BLOG DI GIORGIA
Visibile solo da tablet e cellulare:
PERFECT FOR THOSE WHO PRACTICE SPORT BOTH AS AMATEUR AND COMPETITIVE. IT IS ALSO SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WHO AREN’T AS ACTIVE, TO INTEGRATE THE DAILY PROTEIN NEED.
Toasted PEANUTS 40,5%, plant fibre, sunflower seeds, plum, raisins, toasted cacao bean 7%, coffee powder 2%, chia seeds, sunflower oil, natural aroma
Protein bar with peanuts, dried fruit and seeds with coffee flavour